4-year BS in Economics
The BS is designed to provide students knowledge skills necessary for a professional career in Finance and Economics. It requires completion of 144 credit hours of course work and 2 credit hours of internship of at least six weeks in a public or private sector organization. In order to obtain the BS degree in 4 years, students will be required to take a load of eighteen credit hours (six courses) in a semester. The BS Program in Economics is designed to provide a broad spectrum that reflects the interdisciplinary nature of the subject. This program will be of four years duration, divided into eight regular semesters excluding summer sessions.
Later the University intends offering MS and MPhil degrees in Economics in due course of time.
- Intermediate with 45% marks including first year and A-Levels with minimum 3 passes
Objectives of the Program
The 4-Year BS degree in Economics:
- The students will be trained to develop critical thinking, equip themselves with technological and communicational skills, and round it off with an applied education about the fundamentals of economics, business, management and community development.
- The program stresses knowledge and skill development necessary for students to function effectively in entry-level jobs and to enjoy productive professional careers.
- The University aims to deploy all possible resources effectively and efficiently to attain recognition across the globe.
- The University is committed to provide higher education in the most demanding and traditional as well as newly emerging fields, optimally using the modern educational techniques to its maximum advantage.
- We foresee to inculcate the ability in students to be risk-takers and innovators, having team spirit, passion and integrity.
- Consequently, the program pays particular attention to the development of students' written and oral communication skills.
Outcomes of the Program
- We groom our students to find effective prudent solutions through problem based learning.
- The students are equipped with robust knowledge of economics, business, social development, computing and social sciences which help them to solve problems.
- They are trained to excel their entrepreneurial, business and managementknowledge and skills, create ideas, and then execute those ideas in such a way that work ethics, universal values and the spirit of social entrepreneurship are not compromised.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Incorporate diversity and multicultural perspectives when making decisions while working at the public or private sector organizations or doing business.
- SKILLED FACULTY
- HIGHEST RATED
- HEC RECOGNIZED
- ONLINE TRAINING
BS in Economics- Program Structure
VICE CHANCELLOR MESSAGE
- The University has a commitment that no student shall be deprived of gaining education due to economic limitations or because of belonging to under-privileged classes or marginalized sections of society. We aim to render quality education which the students will treasure for the rest of their lives. I look forward to welcoming you to our diverse and vibrant higher education system.