We imagine individuals and communities’ transformation to advance educational equity and excellence through innovative practice by professionals who lead and inspire others.
The School of Education’s mission is to prepare and engage reflective professionals who create, use, and share knowledge in partnership with individuals and communities to serve nation and beyond.
We are currently offering a course which equips students with skills encompassing the field of education; pedagogy, curriculum design, research and training. The structure of this course allows for more practical experiences and greater personal or professional development before stepping into the professional teaching sphere. Given the alarming and marred scenario of education in Pakistan, the country needs willing and innovative young minds to grapple with the issues pertaining to education. The graduates of this degree would be able to get employed at educational institutes and the various departments working in the field of education e.g. Ministry of Education.
Presently, MU is offering a 4 years BS Program, and a 2 year associate degree.
- Strengthen and develop community connections and engagement through collaborations, research, service, and participation.
- Support a positive and inclusive college climate by advancing equity, open communication, dynamic engagement and respect.
- Advance and support opportunities to become culturally competent citizens with a focus on social justice.
- Support the development of global citizens who understand the complexities of living in a globally interconnected world.
- Advance excellence in research that builds upon our shared values as expressed through MU’s mission and vision.
- Prepare and equip students to be critically reflective learners and practitioners [through efficient and effective processes]; programs and curricula optimize efficiency and effective practices.
- Model and prepare students to critically evaluate sustainable practices to enhance economic, environmental, physical and social, and professional needs.
Prof. Dr. Aijaz Ahmed