Office of Research Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC)
Malir University of Science and Technology established an Office for Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) under the directives of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) in 2022 with the agreement of the syndicate.
In light of the significant increase in post-graduate students engaged in research, improvements to research projects, growth in publications, and increased likelihood of research commercialization, it is equally important to strengthen the academic institutions of the Malir University of Science and Technology’s capacity to oversee all research-related activities.
To overcome the challenges in the field of research and innovation, ORIC Malir University of Science and Technology will set a positive pace. The ORIC Malir University of Science and Technology provides complete services for all concerns regarding R&D, innovation, commercialization, patents, collaborations, and the organization of seminars, symposiums, conferences, workshops, etc. By and large, the University’s Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC) serves as the focal point for all research-related operations.
Development, expansion, enhancement, and management of the university’s research programs are the goals of the Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC), which also seeks to directly connect research activities to the educational, social, and economic priorities of the university and its larger community. The ORIC is also in charge of making sure that the research meets the highest levels of international standards and raises the university’s standing among the greatest research institutes in the world. The ORIC is tasked with ensuring that all research policies and programs adhere to the university’s operational standards, legal mandates, and basic principles of academic freedom, professionalism, and ethical conduct to fulfill this objective. To facilitate the research culture that guarantees success in research and development and increases the university’s volume and efficiency. Similarly realize above –mentioned objectives by:
- Delineate the university’s interests in research and development,
- Interrelate development projects and competitions in the university,
- Administer databases for research and development, which is essential for the management of the university, to undertake related analyses,
- Circulate the information on research and development and related funding opportunities,
- Consult applicants for R&D projects and the participants in such projects, and manage related contracts,
- Draw up reporting on research and development activities.
- Pinpoint the research opportunities for faculty members
- Facilitate faculty to apply for research grants
- Provide legal, administrative, and financial management support for research grants
- Advocate the commercialization, licensing, etc., of the university research products
- Boost the publishing of the subject journals
- Develop focal point for all the research – related works in connection with funds/liaison with the funding agencies
- Support for filing a patent
- Pick out new ways and opportunities for collaboration.
- Create awareness regarding the ongoing research in MU and also encourage University-Industry linkages
- Arrange Training and Development programs in the form of workshops, seminars, and Symposiums, etc.
Foster and strengthen the research culture across all disciplines at MU to keep faculty and students’ research up to the highest standards and parity with similar institutions of higher learning domestically and abroad to constructively contribute to the development of research leadership so that they can play a unique role in changing the nation’s economic priorities through internationally acclaimed research outcomes.
I congratulate the Board of Malir University on the establishment of the Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC), and am certainly honored to lead this office. This is the era of post – truth where we see pieces of evidences of truth crises everywhere that are destroying the frames of trust indiscriminately including scientific research, therefore, emphasizing scientific methods instead of science is more necessary than ever before. Incentivization to the generation of research papers or performing blind research work for the sake of funds utilization or publications has not brought meaningful difference but shifted the culture that deceives its own mirror honestly. This is high time to re-assess our blindness, and develop human consciousness for sustainable development of professionals, science and culture of innovation. The promotion of the thinking process and its application will create a meaningful differences in value management. This office will be open, transparent, and engage professionals of different subjects having real -time experience by way of feeling to manage knowledge for expanding wisdom and reaching sensible decisions.
I look forward to get more innovative ideas, experience, diversity, and sharing of knowledge at one table to solve real – world problems in days to come.
With best wishes,
Dr. Obaid Ali
Malir University of Science & Technology
Dr. Obaid Ali
Director Research Cell
Dr. Masood Sheikh